The Charleston Library Society invites you to join a great tradition by becoming a member and engaging in the resources and programs available through the Library Society. Support from members is fundamental to advancing the Charleston Library Society’s role as a cultural and research institution both regionally and globally.
Members enjoy the following benefits with annual membership:
- Programs focused on literature, music, history and culture, at no charge or reduced rate for members
- Borrowing privileges from the circulation collection
- Use of the Reading Room, Research and Writing Center, and Children’s Library
- Invitations to the Annual Meeting of the Charleston Library Society and other events
- Subscription to the Charleston Library Society newsletter The Reader
Association of Fellows
The Association of Fellows of the Charleston Library Society is composed of members who support the conservation and development of the collections and the programs offered by the Library Society. The Association attracts like-minded individuals who share a passion for literature, history, and educational opportunities.
The Fellows play an increasingly prominent role in securing the financial health of the Library Society and preserving its legacy for the future. Throughout the year, Fellows are invited to various unique programs and receptions for an opportunity to become better acquainted with one another and participate in the cultural offerings of the Library Society.
Association of Fellows membership conveys all the benefits of the Circle memberships, plus use of the Ross Fellows Room and invitations to exclusive Fellows events. Fellows members also enjoy reciprocal privileges at our sister membership libraries.